Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and science of healthy living.
Yoga is an old discipline from India. It uses breathing techniques, exercise, and meditation. It helps to improve health and happiness. Yoga in a simple sentence means “the cessation of the modification of the mind” (stopping changing the mind).
Then, what are the benefits of yoga and how can yoga enrich your life? Looking to hear and read from yoga teachers as well as people who enjoy doing yoga. This piece is intended to be a definitive resource on the great benefits that yoga brings you, and why we should try yoga.
. There are loads of health reasons for why you and I should try yoga in the submissions below, and the main yoga benefits people talk about (summarized) are these:
- Stress relief, including lowering anxiety and depression
- Self-awareness (by slowing down, you become more aware of what’s happening around you)
- Better flexibility and posture
- Make new friends and build your community if you’re doing yoga in groups.
- Pain relief
- Can help against arthritis.
- Gives you time to look inward and think deeply.
- Helps to breathe.
So, who next is coming with us at the Rays of Hope Support Initiative for the next Yoga class/benefits.